Who are the Masons?

Masons in Olympia, Tumwater and Lacey congregate at Harmony Lodge #18, the friendliest Lodge in Thurston County, WA. Our Lodge includes a broad cross-section of the community and we welcome men over the age of 18 who want to improve themselves by associating with like-minded peers. Our membership is distributed fairly evenly across age groups and by profession, although because of the proximity to Fort Lewis (JBLM), many of our members are active duty military or veterans.

The Masonic Fraternity is the oldest Fraternity in the world. The Masonic Family includes Masons as well as organizations for their ladies, couples, and youth.

The Masonic Family provides more than $2 million a day to charitable activities such as hospitals, youth scholarship, and those less fortunate than we.

To inquire about Masonry, contact our Secretary.

How to become a Mason? Click here.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Message from Acting Secretary WB Kris Graap

Brethren,

As requested by WM Ivan, I’ve agreed to serve as Acting Secretary of Harmony Lodge until Secretary-Elect WB Casper LeBlanc is installed in mid-January.

I’m honored to be asked and will do the best I can for the Lodge and for all of you Brothers. I met with former Secretary Rich Lathrope last Monday, and he has graciously turned over all of the records and also provided me an extensive briefing of the matters at hand. While I’m pleased to say that WB Rich left the records in very good shape, it is also the case that much work remains to be performed in the month ahead.

The most immediate need is to take care of dues for 2010, and to disburse dues cards for all members in good standing. As I am in an “acting” capacity, I want to make certain that every member who has paid dues by year-end has his dues card, so as not to leave a headache for WB Casper. On this, I have already mailed out dues cards to every life member.

For those of you that are not life members, you can assist me greatly if you would mail the $60 dues either directly to my home or to the Lodge @ 521 North Street, Tumwater 98501.

Please note three items:

1. If you have any address or other changes, please include them so that we can update the database.

2. Please do NOT send cash! A check or money order provides a paper trial. As a designated hitter, I need that! :-)

3. Your dues for the year 2010 are due on or before January 1, 2010. Keeping your dues current is a great help to the Lodge, and is part of your Masonic obligation.

The second item is that Harmony Lodge has three meetings scheduled - the two stated meetings on December 1 and December 15, and a special meeting slated for December 29. We have a considerable amount of degree work to take care of, so if your cable tow permits we’d sure like to see you!

Lastly, if you have any questions or need to call in regard to Lodge business, please give me a call at 360-493-8878. (I have an answering machine so don’t hesitate to leave me a message.)

Again, I’ll try to do the best I can for you all. Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

Fraternally,

WB Kris Graap

Acting Secretary

No comments: